All of the information required by Ofsted is indexed on this page. Please follow the relevant links to find the information you are looking for.
Ofsted Inspection Report
On 19th and 20th September 2017, Ofsted visited the Academy with inspectors looking at different aspects of the school. As a result of this inspection, John Madejski Academy has been removed from special measures. This result represents a huge turnaround from the school’s previous inspection, conducted in November 2015.
Among the reasons Ofsted gave for the Academy’s success were; “The new leadership team inspired by the commitment and missionary-like zeal of the principal”, and “the rapidly improving teaching”.
You can read the full Ofsted report by clicking the link below.
Key Stage 4
2019 GCSE results were as follows:
- New Government Measures 2018
- 4+ Basics (students achieving 9-4 in English and Maths) — 34%
- 5+ Basics (students achieving 9-5 in English and Maths) — 15%
- Attainment 8 Average Score — 35.7
- P8 Score - -0.57%
- Percentage achieving Ebacc: 2%
16 to 19 (Key Stage 5) Results
English and Maths
- English progress (national = NYK) — +0.71
- Maths progress (national = NYK) — 0.43
- % of BTEC entries at Dis-Dis* — 68%
- Applied general value added score — +0.57
- Average point score per applied general entry expressed as a vocational grade — 34.79
- Retention — 90%
- % of entries A*-E — 100%
- % of entries A*-C — 53.1%
- A level value-added score — -0.40
- Grade and points for a student’s best 3 A-levels — C
- Retention — 97%
Percentage of pupils staying in education or entering employment after KS4: 83%
To view performance tables related to John Madejski Academy, click the button below.
Information regarding funding, including the pupil premium and the sport premium, can be found on our funding page.
Copies of The White Horse Federation policies and Our School procedures can be found on our policies & procedures page.