John Madejski Academy has a smart uniform. We strictly enforce our uniform policy and expect students to look smart every day; arriving in full school uniform helps students feel equal and gets them ‘ready to learn’. Our expectations are as follows:
- Hooded sweatshirts (including post-16 students) are not permitted.
- School trousers must be worn (no skinny or slim fit). No ‘skinny’-type jeans or leggings. School trousers should not have pockets at the back. If in any doubt, please contact Ms Thornalley on [email protected]
- Tube and pencil skirts are not allowed.
- Students must wear shoes which can be polished; no trainer-type shoes, including leather shoes or Vans.
- Ties must be worn to the waistband.
- Jewellery (with the exception of one pair of small plain ear studs - no crystals of diamante) are not permitted and must not be worn.
- Nose piercings are not permitted.
- Haircuts must be appropriate, no non-natural colours, and no shaved patterns (including eyebrows).
- Makeup and false or coloured nails are not permitted.
The uniform is available to order from Sportswear International. Please click the button below for full information about the uniform and how to order.