At JMA we recognise the importance of our students thinking about and planning their career journeys. We want them to be well-educated about the different routes into career industries, have a deep understanding of the labour market, know what skills and qualities are needed for different types of jobs and for them to engage with a variety of different businesses to be able to ask them questions and be inspired by them.
We wish to ensure that the students at JMA are not restricted by circumstances, gender, age or location. We work hard across the school to challenge different stereotypes that may occur so that our students believe and aim to be in any industry they wish, regardless of their backgrounds.
We want every young person at JMA, from years 7-13, to realise their potential and to follow their dreams!
How you can support at home:
Track your son/daughters CIAG progress on the ‘start’ website.
- A student profile: students build their profile and access personalised study and career information.
- Modules: activities to guide students through the information on Start at the right time.
- Up to date information: engaging content on what to study, where to learn and the world of work.
- Locker: an online record of achievement to evidence skills for future applications and CVs.
- Employability action plan: Students can set goals and stay in control of their career planning.
Contact the school for further information on 0118 937 0200.