Attainment at John Madejski Academy continues to improve. There are many superb performances from individual students across the ability range. This reflects the academy’s philosophy of valuing each and every student with appropriate amounts of challenge and support. I would like to take this opportunity to publicly congratulate the staff for their hard work and dedication, and to congratulate parents for all that they do.
Particularly impressive results (Grade 9-4 or equivalent) were achieved in Performing Arts with (100%) and 44% of students achieving distinction or better. Physics, with (94%) and 12% of students achieving a Grade 9 ( only the top 4% of students in the country achieve this grade, it is higher than an A*). Catering (71%), Music (77%), Sport (89%), Business (89%), Biology (71%), Chemistry (76%) and Media (83%).
We are also celebrating exceptional individual performances by many students:
- Abisheik achieved grade 9s in maths, geography, and physics, and 8s in all his other subjects.
- Charlie achieved grade 9s in maths and physics, and 8s in chemistry and biology.
- Natasza achieved 7s across the board, with 8s in combined science and a distinction star in sport.
- Lucas achieved grade 8s in science and maths and a grade 9 in Spanish.
- Kasey achieved grade 8s in science and maths.
- Hasnat made exceptional progress and achieved, on average, 2 grades above target.
- Garima and Oskar achieved at least a grade and a half above their target.
As a sports and performing arts academy that recently won the award for Best Sports Secondary School in Reading, it is wonderful to have such fantastic sports and arts results. We are particularly pleased for Taylor, who achieved a distinction in performing arts and a distinction star in music and will go on to study musical theatre at one of the top theatre schools in the UK. Our elite sports students also received great results and continue into our sixth form on our elite basketball and football programmes.
The academy is incredibly proud of the students’ performance and look forward to welcoming many back into our sixth form. For those going onto college and apprenticeships, we wish them the best of luck as they build on the strong foundations made at JMA.
For further information, please contact Miss Camilla Thornalley, Principal, via email at [email protected].